Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
About Beta Bionics
Beta Bionics, Inc. is a medical technology company working to commercialize the world’s first bionic pancreas called the iLet®. The iLet bionic pancreas is a wearable investigational device designed to autonomously control glucose in people with diabetes or other conditions of glycemic dysregulation.
Fueled by investments from high-profile funds and strategic partners and leveraging technology backed by years of clinical data, we are now entering a tremendously exciting phase in our development as we prepare to begin our large pivotal clinical trial and anticipated commercialization of the iLet bionic pancreas.
Beta Bionics is a public benefit corporation. This means we are a for-profit company with obligations to serve both our public benefit mission and shareholders’ interests. Beta Bionics is also a certified B Corporation; and as such accountable to operate with high standards of transparency, sustainability and accountability to our customers, employees, business partners, society, and the environment.
Successful candidates will be working with highly experienced colleagues, who are amongst the best in their fields and dedicated to bringing to market our truly disruptive technology. We have a mission-driven, passionate and collaborative culture where you will have a high degree of empowerment and opportunity to make a significant impact.
Please contact us if you fit the profile below and if you are interested in joining us on this journey to achieve Beta Bionics’ bold commitment to the millions of people waiting for the iLet bionic pancreas!
Senior Project Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team dedicated to boldly solving the complex challenges within diabetes care in order to transform treatment and significantly improve patients’ lives. As a Project Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to help guide the development and launch our portfolio of digital products (Mobile, Web, Data and more) for the commercial launch of the iLet – the world’s first bionic pancreas. You will be a key member of Beta Bionics’ dynamic project management team and work closely with the broader commercial organization and R&D teams.
To successfully plan and execute on the portfolio strategy, you will be working closely with the Product Management team, external vendors, and commercial partners. You will take on the most challenging project management assignments and be able to manage them with energy and professionalism in close collaboration with various stakeholders.
You are curious and analytical by nature and taking ownership comes naturally to you. You are organized and driven by the desire to create terrific customer experiences.
We expect that you will be highly motivated by the opportunity to ‘do things right’ from both a customer and business perspective, and that you will represent the Voice of the Customer and act as their advocate across the organization.
Location and Travel
This position is based at our offices in Irvine, CA with some travel, mainly in the US.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Work with Product Management and stakeholders to map the vision for and development schedule for software projects (blueprints, scope, resource allocation, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, mapping tests and maintenance)
· Ensure each project stays on schedule and adheres to the deadlines
· Maintain a project budget and ensure the project adheres to the budget as closely as possible
· Confirm execution, delivery and successful completion of software projects
· Working and managing schedules with outside vendors
· Lead cross-functional teams to ensure the product portfolio plan is implemented effectively
· Communicate progress, milestones achieved, roadblocks, and resourcing needs to the management team
· Serve as a key point of contact for project progress and coordinate with cross-functional team members to ensure all deliverables are on track
· Prepare and distribute agendas, track action items, refine task backlogs and manage change requests
· Other responsibilities as assigned
Required Education and Experiences
· Bachelors’ degree in a field with a strong emphasis on business or technology (information technology, software development, software engineering, computer science, or a related field)
· Technical proficiency demonstrated through technical degree or equivalent work experience
· Proven experience in project management and software development
· Good working knowledge of project estimation techniques
· Excellent technical knowledge
· Good leadership, decision-making, and organization skills
· Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
· Experience within the diabetes industry / diabetes care or health care products
· Experience with digital products such as databases, mobile apps, web apps and cloud
· Analytical aptitude and data-driven problem-solving abilities
· Great organizer and executer
· Ability to forge productive working relationships
· Ability to work within a regulated medical device environment
· Ability to take ownership and accountability for projects and processes
· Excellent communication & presentation skills -- with proven ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Experience with agile/Scrum software development
• Training and mentorship with ongoing learning and development courses
• Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
• 401(k) program with employer match
• Generous vacation accrual and paid holiday schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Beta Bionics to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Beta Bionics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume to .
Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Beta Bionics will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.