Senior Manager, Health Economics & Outcome Research (HEOR)
Senior Manager, Health Economics & Outcome Research (HEOR)
About Beta Bionics
Beta Bionics, Inc. is a medical technology company working to commercialize the world’s first bionic pancreas called the iLet®. The iLet bionic pancreas is a wearable investigational device designed to autonomously control glucose in people with diabetes or other conditions of glycemic dysregulation.
Fueled by investments from high-profile funds and strategic partners and leveraging technology backed by years of clinical data, we are now entering a tremendously exciting phase in our development as we prepare to begin our large pivotal clinical trial and anticipated commercialization of the iLet bionic pancreas.
Beta Bionics is a public benefit corporation. This means we are a for-profit company with obligations to serve both our public benefit mission and shareholders’ interests. Beta Bionics is also a certified B Corporation; and as such accountable to operate with high standards of transparency, sustainability and accountability to our customers, employees, business partners, society, and the environment.
Successful candidates will be working with highly experienced colleagues, who are amongst the best in their fields and dedicated to bringing to market our truly disruptive technology. We have a mission-driven, passionate and collaborative culture where you will have a high degree of empowerment and opportunity to make a significant impact.
Please contact us if you fit the profile below and if you are interested in joining us on this journey to achieve Beta Bionics’ bold commitment to the millions of people waiting for the iLet bionic pancreas!
Key Job Responsibilities
· Strategic leader who drives HEOR functional excellence, recognized across the life sciences industry, through clear vision of an HEOR service model and developing team capabilities for the future.
· Elevates the organization’s understanding of payer needs so that the appropriate outcomes are considered in every possible stage of lifecycle planning
· Advocates for payer consideration and integration in key strategic workstreams
· Designs and implements observational and economic research studies that provide value, perspective, and evidence for clinical and/or pre-clinical product portfolio decisions, marketing, regulatory/government agency submissions, and product reimbursement strategies.
· Compares and evaluates the value of products, therapies, and services with the clinical, economic, and quality of life outcomes data from clinical trials and/or epidemiology studies, registries, observational studies, economic modeling, surveys and meta-analysis.
· Works closely with market access/reimbursement teams to help develop strategies and pricing programs and standardize best practices.
· Works with clinical research to add relevant health outcomes and economic endpoints to clinical trials and biostatisticians to analyze and report study results.
· Provide mentorship and leadership to the HEOR analytics team. Supports setting up a cohesive team of functional experts and fosters team spirit and collaborative working.
· Provides thought leadership on data analytics, big data trends and payer requirements for outcomes and economic data capture and informs business decisions.
· Assesses and develops the function’s HEOR capabilities in line with business imperatives and needs.
· Develops analytical bench strength that allows data mining to inform internal strategic decisions, supports economic value evidence generation and enables customer partnerships around data analytics.
· Fosters strong relationships with reimbursement leaders for each of the business lines as well as clinical and business leaders.
· Translates economic value evidence into appropriate tools for regional execution.
· Contributes to resource prioritization and budgeting process.
· Maintain high standards for data quality, reporting, and timely project execution
Required Education and Experience
· Master’s degree or equivalent experience with focus on health economics, public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, health care administration, information technology or related discipline.
· 7+ years of progressive work experience in the healthcare industry in health economics, health policy, epidemiology or health services research.
· Skilled at programming in SAS, Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel including pivot tables.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with an advanced degree
• Experience with economic modeling, synthesis, and presentation of complex data from multiple sources
• Training and/or experience in outcomes research using real world data assets including electronic health record (EHR) data and administrative claims data
• Good verbal and written communication skills including ability to prepare written procedures and reports. Ability to work well under pressure and to meet multiple and occasional competing deadlines while maintaining a cooperative working relationship with other employees and supervisor.
• Good organizational, project management experience and communication skills, including ability to represent the company to both internal and external audiences.
• Training and mentorship with ongoing learning and development courses
• Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
• 401(k) program with employer match
• Generous vacation accrual and paid holiday schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Beta Bionics to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Beta Bionics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume to .