Customer Insights Director
Customer Insights Director
About Beta Bionics
Beta Bionics, Inc. is a medical technology company working to commercialize the world’s first bionic pancreas called the iLet®. The iLet bionic pancreas is a wearable investigational device designed to autonomously control glucose in people with diabetes or other conditions of glycemic dysregulation.
Fueled by investments from high-profile funds and strategic partners and leveraging technology backed by years of clinical data, we are now entering a tremendously exciting phase in our development as we prepare to begin our large pivotal clinical trial and anticipated commercialization of the iLet bionic pancreas.
Beta Bionics is a public benefit corporation. This means we are a for-profit company with obligations to serve both our public benefit mission and shareholders’ interests. Beta Bionics is also a certified B Corporation; and as such accountable to operate with high standards of transparency, sustainability and accountability to our customers, employees, business partners, society, and the environment.
Successful candidates will be working with highly experienced colleagues, who are amongst the best in their fields and dedicated to bringing to market our truly disruptive technology. We have a mission-driven, passionate and collaborative culture where you will have a high degree of empowerment and opportunity to make a significant impact.
Please contact us if you fit the profile below and if you are interested in joining us on this journey to achieve Beta Bionics’ bold commitment to the millions of people waiting for the iLet bionic pancreas!
Customer Insights Director
As our Customer Insights Director you will be drawing on primary, secondary, and syndicated research across the organization to collate, synthesize and present summaries, implications, and recommendations to Beta Bionics leadership team. What does success look like in this role? It is the ability to understand business needs, and develop and communicate strategic insights around those needs.
Location and Travel
This position can be remote with travel sometimes required to our offices in Concord, MA or Irvine, CA
Key Job Responsibilities
• Collaborate with colleagues to help them refine their business questions and determine if sources already exist to answer them
• Capture key strategic questions and develop a learning plan to guide our market research spend and priorities
• Host quarterly insights sessions for cross-functional team members to ensure customer insights are being incorporated into R&D, medical affairs, product management, etc.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of patient privacy, HCP sunshine act compliance, and all other applicable guidelines and regulations
• Deliver on needs from commercial team related to HCP, Consumer, Payer, and Product (Usability) Market Research. This will include primary and secondary research.
• Work closely with business partners to define the business question they are trying to answer. Conduct any secondary research possible to try to answer it using available articles, syndicated reports.
• Conduct primary market research that has been aligned and prioritized by the commercial team, including usability research for the product management team
• Recommend an approach and market research vendor partner after sending out RFPs
• Work closely with project sponsor to refine the screener, business question, research questions, and stimuli
• Contribute to the commercial strategy with your insight and perspective
• Challenge the commercial team to be judicious and wise consumers of market research outputs
• Deliver executive-level presentations to communicate insights and analyses
• Manage multiple stakeholders and internal customers in a fast-moving environment
• Develop a prioritization process to ensure the most business-critical projects are being delivered on first
• Exhibit strong organizational skills to manage agency/vendor partners on cost/timing/methodology
Required Education and Experiences
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least 10 years in market research or 10 years in marketing, 5 of which should have been in a market research or insights role
• Previous Med Device or Pharma experience required
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• MBA or Master’s in Market Research
• Demonstrated experience in HCP, Consumer, and Payer research
• OUS market research experience
• Disease state story arc research
• Brand equity research
• Launch experience in the Med Device or Pharma space
• Product or digital usability research experience
• Superior verbal / written communication & data presentation skills, proved ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Training and mentorship with ongoing learning and development courses
• Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
• 401(k) program with employer match
• Generous vacation accrual and paid holiday schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Beta Bionics to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Beta Bionics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume to .
Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Beta Bionics will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.